Why Is My Car Leaking Water?
It’s not usually a serious problem if you see a car leaking water, as air conditioning systems in most vehicles drip condensation whenever they’re running. Seeing little puddles near the back of the engine compartment shouldn’t be alarming. Neither should water near the tailpipe – your exhaust creates condensation too! But if your muffler’s warmed up, and the small puddle has become a big one, or it’s changing color, “water leaking from under car” might actually mean “car leaking vital fluid.” That’s when you should check out this handy guide exploring the reasons for a car leaking water from Allen Samuels Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram FIAT near Gatesville, and stop by for a quick inspection at our service department.
Identifying the Cause of Leaking Water
Follow these steps to learn where your leaking water is coming from:
- Place a sheet of paper under the leak. If the fluid is blue, green, or yellow, it’s probably coolant.
- If you find a large pool of water from your exhaust, a blown gasket could be to blame. When that happens, coolant is burned along with fuel, resulting in white smoke coming from the exhaust.
- Check your coolant level to make sure you aren’t burning it. If it’s low, take your vehicle to our service department post-haste.
- If you think you might have a cracked windshield wiper fluid reservoir, think about if you’ve poured water instead of windshield wiper fluid. Freezing water in that reservoir can cause the plastic container to split, resulting in light blue or light green fluid collecting by your front tires.
Regardless, visit us near Woodway if you’re finding anything besides water pooling around your car.
What Fluid Is Leaking From My Car?
Follow this list to discover what kind of fluid is under your car:
- Red – Transmission Fluid or Power Steering Fluid
- Orange – Transmission Fluid or Radiator Coolant
- Yellow – Radiator Coolant
- Green – Antifreeze from Water Pump, Hoses, or Radiator
- Blue – Windshield Wiper Fluid
- Dark Brown – Brake Fluid or Old Engine Oil
- Light Brown – New Engine Oil or Gear Lubricant
- Pink – Power Steering Fluid or Transmission Fluid
Visit Allen Samuels Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram FIAT in Waco for Expert Auto Service
Here at our Temple area service department, we’ve happily helped dozens of customers identify the source of their leaking fluids. Contact us when you have more questions, and check out our service specials and coupons!
Learn More at Allen Samuels Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram FIAT
Five different 2019 Jeep Wrangler configurations are available in 2019. That variety has given Woodway area drivers plenty of reasons to love this popular SUV both on- and off-road. Whether you’re comparing the Wrangler Sport vs. Wrangler Sahara, or considering the adventurous Wrangler Rubicon, each of the Wrangler trim levels provides its own distinct personality,…
Woodway drivers love the 2019 Jeep Wrangler for its off-road capability, towing capacity, manual and automatic transmissions, and versatile cabin. All the features you’ve come to love in an off-roading SUV are included with the Jeep Wrangler interior, like a soft top, grab handles, and signature Jeep Wrangler cargo space. Learn more about the new…
True off-road capability and one-of-a-kind style define the 2019 Jeep Wrangler for Woodway drivers considering their compact SUV options. And right now, a number of options gives you the chance to find the Wrangler that fits your unique personality. Explore the Allen Samuels Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram FIAT guide to Jeep Wrangler colors below, then explore our inventory and get the…