How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
When properly equipped, the max 2019 RAM 1500 towing capacity is 12,750 pounds. This has earned the RAM 1500 the accolade for Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing. This truck also delivers a fuel-efficient performance from its three engine options, and an impressive suite of interior features, like the Uconnect® infotainment system. But the 2019 Ram 1500 Payload comes into play here too, since that plus the Ram towing capacity can affect one another. Need to learn more? We have a handy guide here.
RAM 1500 Towing Capacity by Trim
- Tradesman: 12,750 pounds
- Big Horn/Lonestar: 11,610 pounds
- Laramie: 11,610 pounds
- Rebel: 11,540 pounds
- Laramie Longhorn: 11,540 pounds
- Limited: 11,540 pounds
RAM 1500 Engines and Specs
There are three engines available to power the RAM 1500, and depending on the trim, the payload capacity is between 1,710 to 2,300 pounds. Each is paired with the standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® eight-speed automatic transmission:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine: This standard engine delivers Best-in-Class entry-level horsepower of 305 and 269 lb-ft of torque. With the 4X2 drivetrain, it makes 17 mpg/city and 25 mpg/highway, and with the 4X4 drivetrain, it makes 16 mpg/city and 23 mpg/highway. It provides a towing capacity of 7,730 pounds.
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque: This engine has the same specs to the engine above, as well as Best-in-Class 4×4 Fuel Economy of 19 mpg/city and 24 mpg/highway, and a Best-in-Class 4×4 highway driving range of up to 624 miles. With the 4X2 drivetrain, it makes 20 mpg/city and 25 mpg/highway.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine: The V8 engine delivers 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque. It offers a max 11,610-pound towing capacity. With the 4X2 drivetrain, you’ll make 22 mpg on the highway near Temple, and with the 4X4 drivetrain, you’ll make 22 mpg/highway.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine with eTorque: This HEMI® engine has the same specs as the V8 above, but it provides the best-in-class towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. With the 4X2 drivetrain, you’ll make 17 mpg/city and 23 mpg/highway, and with the 4X4 drivetrain you’ll make 17 mpg/city and 22 mpg/highway.
2019 RAM 1500 Payload
Chances are, you won’t be hauling a trailer every single day in your new RAM 1500. But we know you’ll be hauling more than just those assets attached to a hitch. Consider what might end up in your bed and your cabin too, and compare to the 2019 RAM 1500 payload specs, and consider them along with RAM towing capacity:
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine with eTorque – 2,300 pounds
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine – 1,930 pounds
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque – 1,930 pounds
Test Drive the 2019 RAM 1500 at Allen Samuels Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram FIAT in Waco!
Learn more about the towing capacity, engine options, and other features of the All-New RAM 150 at Allen Samuels Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram FIAT in Waco. We’re happy to answer any questions, so contact us online or stop by for a test drive — and remember, part of keeping your RAM engine running at peak performance is keeping up with regular oil changes.
More From Allen Samuels Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram FIAT
Woodway drivers love the 2019 Jeep Wrangler for its off-road capability, manual and automatic transmissions, and versatile cabin. All the features you’ve come to love in an off-roading SUV are included with the Jeep Wrangler interior, like a soft top, grab handles, and signature Jeep Wrangler cargo space. Learn more about the new Jeep Wrangler…
True off-road capability and one-of-a-kind style define the 2019 Jeep Wrangler for Woodway drivers considering their compact SUV options. And right now, a number of color options gives you the chance to find the Wrangler that fits your unique personality. Explore the Allen Samuels Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram FIAT guide to Jeep Wrangler colors below, then explore our inventory and get…
Customizing your new RAM 1500 is one of the biggest perks of ownership, from hubcaps, to exhaust, to interior features. And it only gets better when there’s the added benefit of making your ride cleaner, like seat covers do – especially if you take your truck to work, like so many do in Woodway. If…